The Volunteer Services Department of Terrebonne General Medical Center has been
established to develop and maintain an efficient and humanistic volunteer staff,
which offers an extra dimension of care and service to patients, empathy for
families and visitors, and supportive service for the facility’s staff.
The Volunteers create a special partnership with staff and play an important
role in our commitment to deliver quality patient care. A volunteer’s
willingness to give of their time and talents helps to enrich the healthcare
experience of our patients.
We offer many opportunities for volunteers and will work with you to find an
area that fits your personality, skills and interests. No matter what area you
work in, you can be assured your contributions are needed and that they will
make a difference in the lives of many people. TGMC offers volunteer
opportunities for Adults, Students and Junior Volunteers.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Flexible hours
- Sense of satisfaction from serving your community.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Receive a free Tuberculosis screening annually.
- Eligible for free flu vaccine when available.
- Receive appropriate skills training.
- Included in all hospital functions ie: Christmas Party, National hospital Week
- Volunteers are specially honored throughout the year, but particularly during
National Volunteer Week in April.
For more information about becoming a volunteer, you can contact the volunteer