At Terrebonne General Medical Center your health is our primary concern and that is why we strive to provide the very best in surgical services in a friendly and caring environment.
Our Surgery department is a team of highly trained health care professionals, comprised of doctors, registered nurses, certified registered nurse anesthetists and other health care support personnel with one primary concern- our patients.
This department uses the latest state-of-the-art technology for less invasive procedures to meet the needs of each patient. We conduct both inpatient and outpatient procedures from gall bladder removals to knee replacements.
Services offered through the surgery department at TGMC range from:
- General Surgery Procedures which would include cases such as gallbladder removal among others.
- Ear, Nose and Throat Procedures such as: Tonsillectomies, ear tub insertions and reconstructive nasal surgery.
- Endoscopic Procedures such as: state-of-the-art endoscopic equipment for biopsies, removal of polyps and ulcer therapy.
- Orthopedic Procedures such as: knee arthroscopy, joint manipulation and knee replacements.
- In addition our team of surgeons and OR staff offer a wealth of knowledge and experience in the area of neurological and spinal surgery. Our highly trained neurological specialists work with the stealth imaging system for craniotomy procedures.
- In the area of spinal surgery our specialists perform procedures ranging from complex cervical and lumbar reconstructive procedures using computer navigation systems, to minimally invasive microscopic techniques which allow for outpatient surgery.
- Our urology surgical services offer minimally invasive laser prostate surgery used for the treatment of enlarged prostates. This procedure can reduce your hospital stay and post-operative complications. We also offer varies lithotripsy procedures for the removal of kidney stones.
- Our heart team was recognized in 2005 with the Premier Award for Quality for our Coronary Artery By-Pass Graphs. TGMC was the only hospital in the state of Louisiana and one of 32 hospitals in the United States to receive this designation.
- At TGMC we also provide expanded cardiovascular services which offer a procedure called TMR (Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization), for advanced heart disease patients who continue to suffer from chest pain after having undergone various other procedures such as bypass and angioplasty. It is a new treatment that assists in providing blood flow to the areas of the heart that can not undergo conventional bypass surgery.
- Our surgeons are on the cutting edge and provide the latest in breast cancer care by providing sentinel lymph node biopsy which is a new diagnostic procedure used to determine whether breast cancer has spread to the lymph nodes under the arm. When breast cancer cells travel, they travel from the tumor site in the breast to the lymph nodes under the arm; the first node they reach is called the "sentinel node". This procedure done by our surgeon may eliminate the need for further lymph node removal and in turn reduce post-operative complications.
Whether you need gal bladder surgery or Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization having expert surgical services available at Terrebonne General Medical Center means that getting better begins here.
For more information on Surgical Services at TGMC call 1-888-543-TGMC.