At TGMC, we know a new arrival is an event you will remember for the rest of your life. That's why we are
committed to making sure you're fully prepared to meet the challenges that your baby will bring. We pride ourselves
on the fact that our care is "family-centered" ... we want to ensure that every member of the family is involved.
Beginning months before your delivery, we offer classes and information to help you on your way to the big day.
Our classes are designed to meet the physical, mental, and emotional needs of the entire family. They include:
- Prepared Childbirth Classes - A series of five classes that provides an in-depth look at the upcoming delivery,
and what can be expected afterwards. Topics covered include Lamaze breathing techniques, the labor and delivery
process, positioning, delivery choices, comfort measures, and baby care.
- Sibling Classes - These classes focus on helping brothers and sisters understand what it means to have a new
baby at home. The classes teach how to diaper, feed, and hold a baby.
- Breastfeeding Classes - Taught by our lactation staff, this class provides information on breast changes,
breastfeeding after delivery, nursing at home, and how to handle potential problems that may develop while nursing.
- Infant Massage - A class focusing on massage techniques for newborns and infants to aid in baby's
growth and development, ease colic, and relieve insomnia.
- Teen Prepared Childbirth – One class targeted for the special needs of the teen having a baby and her
- Mommy and Me Support Group – This ongoing support group meets two times a month in the TGMC Women's Center Multipurpose Room.
The support group offers support for new mothers and allows them to share their experiences and develop their